According to Hindu beliefs, the word Rudraksha is derived from Rudra (Shiva—the Hindu God of all living creatures) and aksha (eyes). Legend has it that once Lord Shiva opened His eyes after a long period of yoga, and shed out a tear. It is believed that this single tear from the Lord Shiva’s eye grew into the Rudraksha tree.
The rudrakhsha is the carrier of positive energy, which is transferred into our body and strengthens our Aura. It is believed that worshipping the Rudraksh burns all the sins to ashes. The rudrakhska power is tremendous and it can help remove numerous troubles, sorrows, and calamities. Rudraksh power can help fulfil all the wishes of the true devotee and can take away any fear of an unfortunate death. For thousands of years, the rudraksha beads have been worn in order achieve good health and religious attainment through Japa and Shakti (power).
The worship of the Rudraksh is also associated with the worship of the the Goddess of wealth, Lakshmi. Rudraksh beads can also help in awakening of Kundalini (the self-pleasure point). Rudraksh beads are helpful in achieving worldly and heavenly attainments. The importance of rudrakhsha can also be found in areas concerning a person’s health. It is considered to be effective in controlling stress, hypertension and blood pressure, and is also believed to be effective with other maladies such as small pox, epilepsy, whooping cough etc. and can heal the most poisonous wounds.
Rudraksh beads gives peace of mind to the wearer, stimulates the mind and sharpens the intellect. There are different types of rudraskshas, depending on the origin and the number of mukhis or faces on them.
1. The rudraksha mala should not be exchanged with anyone.
2.Rudraksha must be worn in a metal like silver, Gold, Copper or Punchdhatu. It has magnetic properties which are enhanced when worn with metal.
3. All Rudraksha beads have been blessed with the same power, and one should not try and compare one rudraksha with another.
4. Wearing the Rudraksha can improve the concentration level as well as enhance the Memory of the person wearing it.
5. You may wear any combination of the Rudraksh beads.
6. It is possible to wear the rudrakhsha mala consisting of 54 or 108 beads with different Mukhis in consonance with the requirement of a birth chart.
7. Rudraksha is never associated with negative energies, and so they do not have ill effects.
8. Rudraksh may also be worn in a pendant form in Gold, Silver of Thread.
9. Anyone can wear Rudraksh , with any discrimination of sex, caste or creed.
10.One can feel the changes in himself and his attitude towards life after 40 days of wearing it.
11. Rudraksh shall be kept well cleaned and oiled.
12. Rudraksh can be kept in ones house or Puja Room to get positive energy flow in their house.
Wherever Rudraksh is worshipped the Goddess of wealth Maa Lakshmi always stays there